A magnificent medieval castle built in 1295 and occupied until 2004, and now owned by the National trust.
The castle sits on a hilltop with lovely views over the Ceiriog valley .
The Castle has a magnificent dungeon on 2 levels and murder holes, through which material could be poured on anyone trying to burn or batter down the doors.
In Tudor times it was bought by St Thomas Myddelton and turned into a comfortable Tudor residence. It is open from March to October to the public.